Monday, May 4, 2015

Adventure Blog 3

On Friday May 1st, I decided to embrace what was going on in the city. I decided to see what was going on around station north too. When I stopped at Red Emma's I remember the class talking about how they helped give out food to kids who were hungry. I then saw "justice for Freddie Gray" on the window. This stood out to me because we have talked about Red Emma's not being a place where diversity is seen. We also talked about how it's not a space where people can come and relax. But over the past few days we have seen such a dramatic change in what they are doing and promoting. The community has been coming together, and to see that they are apart of that is really awesome. During this time I also rode around the city with dozens of cars. It was called "ride for Freddie Gray". Riding through Station North, Downtown, and West Baltimore really made me feel better. At first I was scared to come to the city, but I am glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment